That long overdue second album from Empire of the Sun is definitely set to hit the shelves in 2013 – according to one half of the band, Nick Littlemore.
Triple j reports that Littlemore will be churning out two albums in 2013 from his respective projects – one with Empire of the Sun “early next year” and another with Pnau bandmate Peter Mayes.
“We’ve been doing Empire of the Sun for the last 6 months,” the pair told The Doctor.
Mayes – who has also been helping Littlemore and Luke Steele on the Empire record – recently told Gigwise that the new record is “sounding amazing” and “really big.”
“One of the tricks with Empire is to have a certain sense of timelessness. Not nostalgia for the sake of it, but a certain musicality. Those sort of feelings go beautifully with Nick’s voice. It can be really futuristic, it can be anything. It’s not just a dubstep record that’s going to be cool for three months.”
The band has posted a new teaser trailer for the album, containing snippets of new music, and announced a name and date for the new album. Check it out over here.
In regards to the new Pnau record – Mayes and Littlemore told triple j they’re trying to find time to work on the follow-up to 2011′s Soft Universe – but they’ve been unsuccessful so far.
“We’re just starting a new Pnau record at the moment but we just don’t have any time,” the duo said. However, they did confirm that the album would surface sometime in 2013.
- Nick Cave, Boy & Bear Lead APRA 2014 Song Of The Year Shortlist
- Governors Ball 2014 Announces Killer Lineup
- Coachella 2014 Lineup Reveals Strong Aussie Contingent
- Disclosure, Jagwar Ma Amongst Most Blogged About Artists Of 2013
- Breath Of Life 2014 Lineup Announced With Macklemore, Empire Of The Sun & More
- Empire Of The Sun Are BMX Bandits In New ‘DNA’ Music Video