Palace of Fire is the much-anticipated sonic beast born of ex-Wolfmother founding members Chris Ross and Myles Heskett, and long time friend and collaborator singer/guitarist Matt Blackman of Sydney experimental rockers Charge Group.
One of the most exciting new acts to come out of their native Sydney, Palace of Fire is both a dynamic shot in the arm and a cinematic exploration around the perimeter of the human condition.
Expect a primal blend of dark invocations and ceremonious, melodic, heavy rock. Following a string of exclusive unveilings in recent months, the band has been hand picked by world-renowned record producer and visual artist Brian Eno to appear at Luminous – a festival of
‘music, ideas, light & performance’ at the Sydney Opera House.
As an integral part of this Eno curated festival, Palace of Fire will open for New York alternative supergroup Battles over two nights in May in what promises to be a spectacular Luminous highlight.
Luminous feat. Battles with PALACE OF FIRE Opera Theatre, Sydney Opera House 30 – 31 May 2009
- Arcade Fire, Bon Iver & Lou Reed Record New Tracks For Peter Gabriel Covers Album
- Brian Eno Composes Soundtracks To Treat Hospital Patients
- Brian Eno Prepares To Unveil New Solo Album ‘LUX’
- Battles to Release Remix Record ‘Dross Glop’
- Battles Australian Tour 2012 – Big Day Out Sideshows
- Listen: New Battles Single – My Machines Feat. Gary Numan