Having spent much of the past few years touring on bass, guitar and keyboards for the great Sarah Blasko, Fletcher has announced his full-length album. Coming at us this March, Upon Ayr speaks volumes for Ben Fletcher’s musical abilities as he takes the helm in more ways than one for his debut LP.
After two years of writing, Fletcher found himself bouncing between studios in Sydney, London and Sweden while he recorded the tunes, and finally in Berlin where the final touches were made. Fletcher displays a vast understanding of different musical instruments on the release as he mans just about everything you will hear. Sarah Blasko even stops by for backing vocals on one of the tracks.
The first single off the release will hit Aussie airwaves Tuesday, 19th February. Don’t Breathe a Word sees Fletcher approach the topic of a relationship in ruins from a retrospective angle. Of the track, Fletcher has explained, “Near the end when all love is lost and you start to become someone you aren’t and say things you don’t mean to survive the fall-out… The end of a love affair is a cold dark place,”
To welcome the album in style, Fletcher has also announced two intimate performances in Sydney and Melbourne. Details below.
Sunday, 17th March
Workers Club, Melbourne
Wednesday, 27th March
Vanguard in Sydney
- Sarah Blasko Announces Intimate Heavenly Sounds Shows For January
- Sydney Opera House Announces 40th Anniversary Concert
- FBi Adds Sarah Blasko, Bleeding Knees Club & More To 10th Birthday Celebrations
- Bernard Fanning, Sarah Blasko & Bob Evans To Play A Day On The Green
- Sarah Blasko Drops Risque Video Clip, Announces Tour Dates Around Splendour