Florence + The Machine’s Florence Welch has admitted she recently set her New York hotel room on fire. According to the Belfast telegraph, she told Q Magazine print edition that she left a candle on after coming home drunk from a big night out that included partying with Kanye West and Lykke Li. Someone was looking out for her however, she woke up in the morning covered in ash and there was a bucket of water sitting next to her bed.
Speaking with Q Magazine, Welch said:
I accidentally set fire to The Bowery Hotel because I’d left a cinnamon tea light burning. I came back to the hotel, passed out in my ripped dress – no phone, chipped tooth – came round and there was black stuff all over the wall, my book had melted on the bedside table and there was a bucket of water on the floor. Actually the last scene you want to wake up to with a hangover. Half the room was singed.
Florence went on to say that the bill for the fire damage was not the largest of the night, drinks with Kanye and Lykke Li was the most expensive part of the wild night out:
The big bill was the bloody dressing room drinks bill. Kanye West, Lykke Li, me, the doormen, most of Lower Manhattan, whoever, drinking Dirty Martinis and what have you.
Florence + The Machine will be touring Australia in May 2012, tickets are still available to most shows.
- What Aussies Can Expect From Kanye West’s Upcoming Tour
- Kanye And DJ Mano Just Split Up, Painful Video May Explain Why
- New Kanye West Song ‘All Day’ Leaks
- Unreleased Kanye West Music Video Clip Surfaces Online
- Kanye West Readies First Single Ahead Of New LP’s Likely Spring Release
- Watch 19-Year-Old Kanye Rap About Alanis Morissette