John Fogerty, the legendary frontman for Creedence Clearwater Revival, is preparing to release a new album, titled Wrote a Song for Everyone, which will feature other artists helping him re-record some of his classic songs.
Some of the names involved include My Morning Jacket, American indie folk group Dawes and Foo Fighters, who will sing Creedence’s 1969 protest song Fortunate Son. Other names include Brad Paisley, Miranda Lambert, Alan Jackson, Bob Seger, and Keith Urban.
More details, as well as a complete artist and track listing, will emerge soon.
Fogerty is currently out in Australia touring on the back of his appearances on the West Coast Blues & Roots and Bluesfest 2012 lineups. He’s playing classic albums such as Green River and Cosmo’s Factory in their entirety. In addition, Fogerty will perform a bonus set of his solo canon of hits.
Listen: John Fogerty – Swamp Water
- Foo Fighter Taylor Hawkins Getting Iggy With It For New CBGB Film
- Watch: Dave Grohl Takes Cheeky Jabs At One Direction And Foo Fighters In SXSW Speech
- Dave Grohl Says Foo Fighters Have ‘Big Plans’ For Next Album
- Sound City Players Full Lineup Revealed
- Watch: Foo Fighters Cover Led Zeppelin ‘Rock And Roll’