Having risen to fame with his OFWGKTA brothers and sister, Frank Ocean, as talented as he is, didn’t shine through like say Tyler The Creator, Earl Sweatshirt or Domo Genesis. However, following the release of his solo debut, it looks as though the spotlight has shifted to Ocean, every spotlight that is.
Making his television debut shortly prior to the release on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, Ocean has kept up a strong live presence. If his slot at this year’s Coachella didn’t catch everyone’s attention, it was one of the many shows Ocean kicked off after.
The release has been met with thunderous applause all over the world, featuring guest vocals from Earl Sweatshirt, Tyler the Creator, Andre 3000, and John Mayer; it’s textually, and contextually a loaded release. Ocean had publicly come out in the moments leading up to the release, adding even more layers to the simple, every day concepts explored and deeply analyzed through his music.
Channel ORANGE is out now both physically and digitally.
Here’s a sample to help you get your mellow on for this rainy Monday Night.
And also check out some of his performance from Coachella 2012.
- T-Pain: “Some Artists Won’t Work With Frank Ocean”
- Frank Ocean And Macklemore Accused Of Pushing ‘Gay Agenda’ For Fame
- Frank Ocean To Hold Off New Material Until Mid-2014
- Frank Ocean Says He “Sold A Lot Of Cocaine And Crack” In High School
- Earl Sweatshirt Streams ‘Doris’ In Full Ahead Of Release