Finally! A thumbs up from the Gallows camp on a new album. The lads have been hard at work recently preparing the release, and today dropped a new track, Last June, to be featured on the album.
Having combined forces with Wade MacNeil, ex-Alexisonfire (Pipes, axe), the band has confirmed their third studio album is in the works. To be titled Gallows, the release will drop September 10. MacNeil explained the release in depth to DIY Magazine:
“We’re trying to write a record that builds on the best parts of the first two Gallows records”, explains MacNeil: “The things that I’ve always loved about the band, those weird angular guitar moments from the first record. Then the second record has this anthemic quality that’s kind of like that first wave of punk, but with a smarter way of doing it. It’s a little more intelligent; it’s more modern.
“So, taking those things and then building on them and trying to do them better. Trying to push ourselves into another direction entirely on top of that. I think it’s the best record I’ve ever made. It’s the record I’ve always wanted to make. I think that everyone in the band can say that, and that doesn’t happen every day.”
Check out the clip and the tracklisting below. Oh yea, and that’s the artwork above! Hopefully more offerings to come!
1. Victim Culture
2. Everybody Loves You (When You’re Dead)
3. Last June
4. Outsider Art
5. Vapid Adolescent Blues
- Never Enough -
10. Cult Of Mary
11. Cross Of Lorraine
- Gallows Guitarist Quits Before Soundwave Tour
- Gallows Announce Sidewave With Shai Hulud, Confession and Milestone
- Listen: Gallows Streaming New Self-Titled Album
- Gallows To Release Self-Titled Album On September 10
- Watch: Gallows Perform ‘Mondo Chaos’ – New Song
- Listen: Gallows First Song With Wade Macneil ‘True Colours’