PSY‘s all-conquering hit Gangnam Style has got punters dancing the world over, but not in the most pleasant of circumstances. In fact, two groups who partially share the song’s namesake have taken it to heart.
MTV reports a dance battle to the song between two rival gangs ended in a shootout in a Bangkok restaurant and its surrounds.
The incident occurred in the Thai capital on Friday when the gangs challenged each other to perform the ‘horse-riding’ dance from Psy’s music video.
Apparently, the dance-off turned nasty, with one of the gang members leaving the eatery – returning moments later with more people.
A teenager told the Bangkok Post: “Four people from the group returned at 6 a.m. and fired several shots into the sky. I tried to mediate, and they agreed to leave.
“Three of them later returned about 8 a.m., and they sprayed bullets in all directions, like in action movies. I and other people there were running for our lives.”
Around fifty shots are thought to have been fired at the scene, with local authorities later stating that nobody was hurt. Local Police said the gangs have a history of confrontation and will face arrest warrants. Talk about West Side Story happening all over again…
- Queen’s Brian May On PSY Collaboration: “I’m Up For It”
- ‘Gangnam Style’ Star PSY Inspired By Queen
- PSY Booed By Entire Stadium During Italian Cup Final Half Time
- Psy Responds To Billie Joe Armstrong Calling Him “The Herpes Of Music” By Thanking Him
- Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong Says PSY Is “The Herpes Of Music”