Hotly-hyped blues star and guitarist Gary Clark Jr will release his self-titled debut record on October 23.
Consequence of Sound reports that the Texas-based musician co-produced the album alongside Mike Elizondo, who has previously worked with the likes of Mastodon, Fiona Apple, and Dr. Dre.
There’s no word of a tracklisting yet, but the album artwork has been unveiled, which you can see at the top of the page. The announcement has sent the muso’s celeb fans into a spin, with Alicia Keys tweeting her excitement (see the bottom of the page).
Clark has already shared the stage with other blues legends such as B.B. King, Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, Jeff Beck, and ZZ Top. He’s even played to US President Barack Obama.
The good news for Australian fans is that we’ll be able to hear plenty of tracks from the album when Clark Jr comes to our shores for two special showcase shows in Melbourne and Sydney at the end of September. He’ll play at The Tote in Melbourne on September 27 and The Annandale Hotel in Sydney on September 28.
The shows are being billed as a way of “introducing” him to local audiences before he heads around the country as part of the Big Day Out 2013 lineup in January.
— Alicia Keys (@aliciakeys) August 28, 2012
- Springsteen Joins The Rolling Stones Onstage For ‘Tumbling Dice’
- Boogie 8 Lineup Announced
- Deni Blues and Roots Festival 2014 Lineup: First Acts Announced
- Exclusive Video – Gary Clark Jr. Performs ‘Bright Lights’ Live
- Gary Clark Jr – Blak and Blu
- Gary Clark Jr Australian Tour 2013 – Big Day Out Sideshows