Just when it was starting to look as though the funk side of things had not been so well-represented amongst all the recent festival lineup announcements, Golden Plains have your back. Organisers have announced today the funky addition of funkstordinary masters of funk George Clinton and Parliment Funkadelic.
Hailed as one of the pioneers, if not the grandfather, of the funk-rock movement, George Clinton will be returning to Australia with his massive 17-piece band in tow. It was just last year that the gang were in town, performing at Bluesfest as well as a series of headlining shows, and already people are craving, fiending more.
Taking place at Aunty Meredith’s Supernatural Amphitheatre, George Clinton and P-Funk will be performing a 2-hour set on the last night of the festival.
Already announced on the festival lineup is the feline elegance of Cat Power, who will be seeing in the sunset on the Saturday evening of the event. The full lineup won’t be announced until Tuesday, 23rd October at 8.40am. Given the current talent set to appear, you can expect big things.
Gold Plains Lucky 7
March 9 – 11, 2013
Meredith Supernatural Amphitheatre
- The Black Keys Lead Bluesfest 2015 Lineup
- Golden Plains Lucky 7 Playing Times Announced
- George Clinton Loses Rights To Songs To Cover $1 Million Debt
- Dinosaur Jr. Announce Australian Tour, March 2013
- George Clinton Australian Tour 2013 – Golden Plains Sideshows
- Golden Plains 2013 Full Lineup