He’s swooned music lovers all over the globe – now Gotye is set to comfort those who have grumbling stomachs as well.
The man responsible for that all-conquering song Somebody That I Used to Know has had another track from his album Making Mirrors chosen as the theme song for this year’s 40 Hour Famine.
Noise11 reports that Gotye’s track Eyes Wide Open will appear on all the TV ads promoting the annual World Vision fundraiser – which aims to raise much needed funds for world hunger.
This year’s campaign has a particular focus on the current Ethiopian drought. A 30-second ad will premiere on Network Ten this Sunday, July 15.
This year’s 40 Hour Famine is from August 17-19. Having done it a couple of times before – I recommend you make barley sugars your new best friend and give it a go this year. For all the details, go to the official website here.
Watch the extended promo video for this year’s 40 Hour Famine below – the editors have done a pretty good job matching up footage with the lyrics!
- Music Feeds LIVE: The Basics Streaming This Thursday
- The Basics Release ‘So Hard For You’ Video Clip, Add 3rd Melbourne Show
- Tame Impala Nabs Song Of The Year At 2013 APRA Awards
- APRA Awards 2013 Presenters And Performers Announced
- Billboard Awards Multi-Crush – Gotye Vs Opposition, Miguel Vs Fans, Everyone Vs Bieber