He’s swooned music lovers all over the globe – now Gotye is set to comfort those who have grumbling stomachs as well.
The man responsible for that all-conquering song Somebody That I Used to Know has had another track from his album Making Mirrors chosen as the theme song for this year’s 40 Hour Famine.
Noise11 reports that Gotye’s track Eyes Wide Open will appear on all the TV ads promoting the annual World Vision fundraiser – which aims to raise much needed funds for world hunger.
This year’s campaign has a particular focus on the current Ethiopian drought. A 30-second ad will premiere on Network Ten this Sunday, July 15.
This year’s 40 Hour Famine is from August 17-19. Having done it a couple of times before – I recommend you make barley sugars your new best friend and give it a go this year. For all the details, go to the official website here.
Watch the extended promo video for this year’s 40 Hour Famine below – the editors have done a pretty good job matching up footage with the lyrics!
- Pete Wentz Helped Sia Make Australian Music History At Last Night’s APRA Music Awards
- Six Video Highlights From Triple J’s Beat The Drum Birthday Gig
- Watch 40 Triple J Favourites Try To Write The Ultimate Hottest 100 Song
- triple j’s ‘Beat The Drum’ Birthday Concert Lineup Expands
- The Basics Warn Victoria: “Do Not Get Complacent”
- The Basics’ New Song ‘The Lucky Country’ Is A Wake Up Call To Australia