It’s now looking as though the Green Day frontman is the next music icon to go through a public crisis. After a recent onstage meltdown, Billie Joe Armstrong was swiftly omitted to rehab; something a source has explained was well overdue.
According to Sun Times, someone close to the Green Day camp has explained that Billie Joe has been abusing both prescription drugs and alcohol. As the source states, “Billie Joe has been a loose cannon for a long time…It’s long past time when he should be getting some serious help.” They have also stated that bandmates Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt were there at the intervention.
Armstrong lost his shit during a performance at iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas. The drama started after he thought the set was cut short to make room for other artists. We’ve got some new footage of the outburst, giving good watchings of Armstrong and Dirnt smashing their guitars in frustration.
The status of Green Day means that the group probably take their private lives very seriously and enjoy keeping them as such, which is why news that Armstrong had been batting with issues has only started to surface.
It has also come to light that a recent hospital stint from Billie Joe may have been the result of a big night on the turps.
- Psy Responds To Billie Joe Armstrong Calling Him “The Herpes Of Music” By Thanking Him
- Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong Says PSY Is “The Herpes Of Music”
- Watch: Green Day’s Live Return At SXSW
- Billie Joe Armstrong Writing Songs For Revamped Shakespeare Play
- Green Day, Nine Inch Nails, Tame Impala & More Headed For Reading And Leeds Festival 2013