It’s now looking as though the Green Day frontman is the next music icon to go through a public crisis. After a recent onstage meltdown, Billie Joe Armstrong was swiftly omitted to rehab; something a source has explained was well overdue.
According to Sun Times, someone close to the Green Day camp has explained that Billie Joe has been abusing both prescription drugs and alcohol. As the source states, “Billie Joe has been a loose cannon for a long time…It’s long past time when he should be getting some serious help.” They have also stated that bandmates Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt were there at the intervention.
Armstrong lost his shit during a performance at iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas. The drama started after he thought the set was cut short to make room for other artists. We’ve got some new footage of the outburst, giving good watchings of Armstrong and Dirnt smashing their guitars in frustration.
The status of Green Day means that the group probably take their private lives very seriously and enjoy keeping them as such, which is why news that Armstrong had been batting with issues has only started to surface.
It has also come to light that a recent hospital stint from Billie Joe may have been the result of a big night on the turps.
- Green Day, Lou Reed Lead 2015 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees
- Green Day Guitartist Diagnosed With Treatable Form Of Throat Cancer
- Green Day Ready For 2015 Return?
- Nine Inch Nails, The Smiths Among 2015 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Nominees
- Bruce Springsteen Releasing Four New Songs For Record Store Day
- Green Day Surprise Fans With Secret Sydney Pub Gig