The Music Network has reported that indie four-piece Grizzly Bear have made public the cover art (picture above) and the name of their upcoming record, which will be titled Shields. The info comes after the Brooklyn-based band were recently announced as part of this year’s Harvest Festival lineup.
This is only the second year that the Harvest Festival has been running and its sophomore lineup seemingly eclipses its impressive 2011 debut. Along with Grizzly Bear, festivalgoers can see Beck, Sigur Ros, Ben Folds Five, Sanitgold and Liar – whom Music Feeds recently caught up with.
Shields is due for release on September 14, 2012 via Warp/Inertia with the cover’s image being sourced from an art series titled Clubs and Spades, which was created by American painter Richard Diebenkorn in 1981.
Grizzly Bear have already released Sleeping Ute from their upcoming fourth studio album. If the single is anything to go by, fans are in for one mightily impressive record.
Listen: Grizzly Bear – Sleeping Ute
- Grizzly Bear’s Daniel Rossen Announces 2015 Tour
- Grizzly Bear Streaming Live From Sydney Opera House
- Grizzly Bear Release New Single ‘Listen and Wait’ From ‘Shields: Expanded’
- Grizzly Bear Announce One-Off Sydney Opera House Show For January
- Vampire Weekend, MGMT & Grizzly Bear Head WA’s Southbound 2014 Lineup
- Falls Festival 2013/2014 Official Lineup Announcement