Actor Gwyneth Paltrow has come under fire after tweeting a picture with the caption ‘Niggas in Paris for real’ (image of tweet below) while attending Jay-Z & Kanye West’s Watch The Throne tour in Paris. According to The Daily Mail, Paltrow made a guest appearance onstage during the show, dancing while Jay-Z and Kanye West performed, before posting the above picture with the aforementioned caption.
Paltrow’s tweet caught the attention of American celebrity B.Scott, who questioned via his Twitter account whether the tweet was acceptable or racist. Responding in kind, Paltrow tweeted it was simply using the title of the song Ni**as in Paris and left the tweet in question published on her Twitter account.
Thus-far Paltrow’s tweet (pictured below) has caused a mixed reaction from the public. What do you think? Is the tweet an offensive racial slur or simply the use of the song’s name?
— B. Scott (@lovebscott) June 5, 2012
— Gwyneth Paltrow (@GwynethPaltrow) June 3, 2012
— Kristy Tillman (@digitalmiss) June 3, 2012
@GwynethPaltrow people are such babies. It’s a freaking song title. Good grief. Whine bags.
— Sarah Hale (@sarahowleyes) June 3, 2012
- Chris Martin Says David Bowie Once Rejected A Coldplay Collaboration
- Coldplay Share New Song ‘Miracles’
- Noel Gallagher Says Coldplay Will One-Up U2 And Hand-Deliver Their New Album
- Chris Martin Announces Coldplay’s “Final” Album
- Coldplay Already Working On Their Next Album, Planning Tour
- Coldplay And Cat Power Team Up On ‘I Wish I Was Here’