Actor Gwyneth Paltrow has come under fire after tweeting a picture with the caption ‘Niggas in Paris for real’ (image of tweet below) while attending Jay-Z & Kanye West’s Watch The Throne tour in Paris. According to The Daily Mail, Paltrow made a guest appearance onstage during the show, dancing while Jay-Z and Kanye West performed, before posting the above picture with the aforementioned caption.
Paltrow’s tweet caught the attention of American celebrity B.Scott, who questioned via his Twitter account whether the tweet was acceptable or racist. Responding in kind, Paltrow tweeted it was simply using the title of the song Ni**as in Paris and left the tweet in question published on her Twitter account.
Thus-far Paltrow’s tweet (pictured below) has caused a mixed reaction from the public. What do you think? Is the tweet an offensive racial slur or simply the use of the song’s name?
— B. Scott (@lovebscott) June 5, 2012
— Gwyneth Paltrow (@GwynethPaltrow) June 3, 2012
— Kristy Tillman (@digitalmiss) June 3, 2012
@GwynethPaltrow people are such babies. It’s a freaking song title. Good grief. Whine bags.
— Sarah Hale (@sarahowleyes) June 3, 2012
- Coldplay Already Working On Their Next Album, Planning Tour
- Coldplay And Cat Power Team Up On ‘I Wish I Was Here’
- How Hobart Airport Cancelled A Surprise Coldplay Gig
- Did Coldplay Rip Off Sticky Fingers’ Newtown Video?
- Watch Kylie Minogue Join Coldplay On Stage In Sydney
- Watch Coldplay’s Sydney-Shot ‘A Sky Full Of Stars’ Video