A tweet from Herlad Sun reporter and Triple M regular Nui Te Koha has added further speculation on whether Travis Barker will indeed be visiting with Blink-182 in Australia next February. He has been wrong before, but here’s hoping he’s right with his knowledge as we get closer to the announcement, which could come as soon as August 8.
Update 03/08: Blink-182 have confirmed themselves to play Soundwave 2013 and Travis will play
Previously it was reported that Travis might contemplate getting knocked out in order to make the trip form the States to Australia, telling Red Bulletin Magazine that he does want to overcome his fear of air travel.
“I’m contemplating getting knocked out and getting on a plane to Australia. I want to overcome that eventually. When I do, I think it’s going to be Qantas. They never had a crash, never had a fatality — knock on wood. It’s something I want to overcome for me — and my kids are scared to death to fly. I want them to witness me overcome it,” Travis told Red Bulletin Magazine.
In regards to the timing of Blink 182’s impending visit to Australia, the band looks likely to be here while Soundwave is in full swing. With Tom Delonge having played this year’s Soundwave as part of Angels & Airwaves, will we see him return to the festival next year with Mark Hoppus and Barker as part of Blink 182?
Soundwave: The Offspring will play. Travis Barker will tour Australia with Blink 182.
— Nui Te Koha (@nuionline) August 1, 2012
- Blink-182 Considered Ditching Travis Barker After Soundwave No-Show
- Tom DeLonge On Future With Blink-182: “Our Relationship Got Poisoned Yesterday”
- Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus And Travis Barker Are Tired Of Tom DeLonge’s Bullshit
- Blink-182 Part Ways With Tom DeLonge
- Tom DeLonge Discusses Blink-182’s New Album Plans
- Watch Zack De la Rocha & Travis Barker Join Run The Jewels Live