Australia’s hip-hop kings Hilltop Hoods have posted an eye-raising status on their Facebook page this morning, implying that they might be taking a big break after their performance at the Southbound Festival in Western Australia tonight.
The status read: “On our way to Southbound for our last show for a long time (for us anyway).”
While one wouldn’t blame Suffa, Pressure and DJ Debris for having a bit of downtime after a year full of touring, the status is interesting for a number of reasons.
Firstly, if they are going to take a break from performing live, it’s not going to be a long one. The boys are booked to do a hometown show at the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide on March 1, supported by Draught, Illy and Pez.
And secondly, the band dropped hints earlier this year that a new album could be on the cards in 2013. In another Facebook status posted in late November, the band thanked fans for supporting the journey behind their latest album Drinking from the Sun, and said, “We hope you join us late next year for Walking Under Stars“.
An excerpt from the final track of Drinking from the Sun – The Thirst III – featured a brief interview with what sounded like a producer, who said, “they were recording enough music for two albums, that was pre-meditated”.
So who knows what the Hoods are up to – but nonetheless, lets hope they don’t have a quiet 2013.
- Hilltop Hoods National Tour Announced
- Hilltop Hoods Unveil Mini-Doco, Tease Aussie Tour Dates
- Listen To ‘The Art Of The Handshake’, The First Cut From Hilltop Hoods’ New Album
- Splendour In The Grass Lineup Gets Three New Acts
- Hilltop Hoods Emerging Artist Initiative Returns
- Watch Illy Cover Silverchair, Hilltop Hoods, Paul Kelly & Flume For ‘Like A Version’