Rock gods Iron Maiden have been confirmed today as the first headlining act locked in for next year’s Download Festival. Taking place at Donington Park, it will be 25 years since the band’s first headlining show at the venue.
That’s not saying 25 years since they first played Download. It will actually be their third Download Festival, however, they also performed at Donington Park back in 1988 for the first time on the Seventh Son Tour. The band’s Download performance will be influenced heavily by their set at that particular tour.
Speaking of the news, frontman Bruce Dickinson said: “We’re absolutely over the moon to be headlining Donington again. The idea of returning exactly 25 years later with a show inspired by that same 1988 Seventh Son Tour was too good an opportunity to be missed.” Via The Sun.
Black Sabbath and Prodigy scored the top dog spots for this year’s festival.
- Iron Maiden LLP, One Of The Fastest Growing Companies In The UK
- New Soundwave 2014 Headliner Details Revealed
- Watch Rock In Rio 2013 Live Stream, Full Sets And Highlights
- Iron Maiden Drummer’s Wife Due In Court On Domestic Assault Charge
- Rock In Rio 2013′s Insane Line-Up Released – Huge Metal Offerings & Australia Represents!