Prolific guitarist, drummer, and music archivist Jack White has revealed that fans may soon be lining up at Third Man Records in Nashville, Tennessee for his follow-up to 2012’s Blunderbuss. In a recent chat with fans, White revealed he is currently working on two albums, one being his own.
As The Hollywood Reporter writes, White recently told fans via the Third Man Records online chatroom, “I’m producing two albums this month, and finishing them… One of them is mine.” Considering his band The Dead Weather‘s current plans to release a new album in 2015, unveiling the album single-by-single, fans speculate that White may be referring to a new solo record.
White has also reportedly been back in the studio with supergroup The Raconteurs, known in these parts as The Saboteurs, since February of 2013, with no tell yet of any official releases. The Steady, As She Goes hit-makers unveiled their last album, Consolers of the Lonely, back in 2008.
Blunderbuss was a hit with both fans and critics upon release, reaching number one on the Billboard 200 chart, with 138,000 copies sold in its first week of release in April 2012. White’s first solo venture was also a critical success and received a Grammy Award nomination for Album of the Year.
(Via The Hollywood Reporter)
- Jack White, Smashing Pumpkins Lead Lollapalooza South America 2015 Festival Lineups
- Jack White Says Female Musicians Are Still Treated Like Novelties
- Jack White Jabs Foo Fighters For Clickbait’s Sake
- Robert Plant Planning Jack White Collaboration
- Beck And Jack White Take The Lyric Video One Step Further
- Watch Jack White’s Impromptu Dead Weather Reunion During Solo Gig