Former LCD Soundsystem star James Murphy is planning to collaborate with director Ron Howard for an online short film project, writes DIY.
The project, which is being sponsored by camera giants Canon – is called Project Imagination. Participants in the project will create short film pieces with guidance from Howard – inspired by a series of photographs submitted by the public.
Murphy will be one of five ‘celebrities’ involved in the project – alongside the likes of Eva Longoria, Biz Stone, Jamie Foxx and Georgina Chapman.
He told Rolling Stone: ”I don’t know what I’m doing, but that’s what I’m excited about… Now I’ll be able to call Ron Howard, which is super weird.
“This is the beauty of having been in a band that did well enough, I guess. You have access to something as crazy as this.”
If you’d like to get involved, check out the video at the bottom of the page, which features Murphy explaining the project.
In other Murphy-related news, NME reports that he has also expressed an interest in launching his own line of coffee.
Culinary website Grubstreet.com reported that Murphy wanted to market his own espresso brand after LCD Soundsystem’s break-up.
- James Murphy On Commercial Dance Music: “It Makes Me Want To Vomit”
- James Murphy Talks New Music And LCD Soundsystem Live Album
- James Murphy Wants To Bring A Musical Revolution To NYC Subway
- David Bowie Releases Homemade Video Clip, New Songs Appear Online
- Arcade Fire’s Will Butler Expected James Murphy To Be “Hipster Douchebag”