Jay-Z has stated in a recent poem to his new daughter Blue Ivy that he will never use the word ‘bitch’ again in his lyrics, because “No man will degrade her”. Some would argue he probably should have stopped using it sooner, but it’s nice to hear that becoming a father can change a man.
The rapper, who has used the word countless times in his lyrics and has sometimes used it to reference his wife Beyonce as his “Bitch”, says he is done with using it.
“Before I got in the game, made a change, and got rich, I didn’t think hard about using the word ‘b***h,” he writes in the heartfelt poem to Blue.
“I rapped, I flipped it, I sold it, I lived it now with my daughter in this world I curse those that give it. I never realized while on the fast track that I’d give riddance to the word bitch, to leave her innocence in tact.”
“No man will degrade her, or call her name. I’m so focused on your future, the degradation has passed. I wish you wealth, health and insight. Forever young you may pass. Blue Ivy Carter, my angel.”
Jay-Z has also recently released a new track online, dedicated to Ivy Blue Carter and his wife, Beyonce. The song, titled Glory, has been posted on Soundcloud, and uses lyrics such as “My greatest creation was you” and “The Most beautiful-est thing in this world, is daddy’s little girl”.
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Album Reportedly In The Works
- Watch Jack White’s Surprise Jay-Z, ‘Pulp Fiction’ Fusion
- Watch Chris Rock Skewer Jay Z & Solange At The BET Awards
- Beyoncé & Jay Z’s Fake Movie Trailer Is Kind Of A Circle Jerk
- Instagrammer’s Life’s Work Is Catching Rappers With Fake Watches
- Jay Z, Beyoncé & Solange Break Silence Following Elevator Incident