Former Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante will release a new solo EP in a few months time – titled Letur-Lefur.
According to Invisible Movement, Letur-Lefur will contain five songs and will be out worldwide on July 9. The EP will be released via the Record Collection music label in multiple formats, including cassette.
The news has made Frusciante fans very happy, especially the very excited author at Some Kind Of Awesome, who had been hanging on reports from John’s pals RZA and The Mars Volta’s Omar Rodriquez-Lopez that he was back in the studio working on new music and had about 300-400 unedited songs in the bag.
Letur-Lefur is Frusciante’s first official solo release since his 2009 album The Empryean. It’s also the first significant bit of post-RHCP news we’ve heard about him since he quit the band for the second time a few years ago following their Stadium Arcadium world tour.
Fingers crossed the EP hits the spot, and fingers crossed John might even come our way for a solo tour in the near future.
- Big Day Out’s Greatest Hits
- Will Ferrell & Chad Smith Set Sights On Lars Ulrich For Next Drum-Off
- Watch Will Ferrell And Chad Smith Drum Off On ‘The Tonight Show’
- Chad Smith To Most Likely Destroy Will Ferrell In Drum-Off Next Week
- Chad Smith: “New RHCP Album Is Gonna Sound Like Us, But Different”