Currently on tour with Them Crooked Vultures Queens Of The Stone Age main man Josh Homme has just announced that he will be reviving his Rekords Rekords label, where he previously released the Desert Sessions albums and Eagles Of Death Metal. Teaming up with Liberator Music (part of the Mushroom Group) here in Australia, the label will be up and running Jan 14th 2011, the label releasing three albums simultaneously.
These will include Q.O.T.S.A guitarist Alain Johannes‘ debut solo effort Spark, a tribute to his late wife, Queens’ keyboardist Natasha Schneider, Mini Mansions latest offering, featuring Michael Shuman, Tyler Parkford and Zach Dawes as well as a remastered reissue of the first Queens Of The Stone Age album, featuring three bonus tracks from the original recording session.
With Queens set to visit out shores next year as part of the Soundwave tour before heading back into the studio to work on album number six, 2011 looks set to be busy year for Homme and his cronies.
- Queens Of The Stone Age & Nick Oliveri Reunite Onstage
- Queens of the Stone Age Unveil Video For ‘Smooth Sailing’
- Soundwave Lose $10,000 Bond Over Excessive Noise
- Josh Homme: “I’m Gonna Jump Right Back Into The New Eagles Of Death Metal Album”
- Nine Inch Nails, Queens Of The Stone Age – Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena 14/03/14