Kanye West has taken a pot shot at Republican US Presidential candidate Mitt Romney on a track from his forthcoming compilation album Cruel Summer.
Romney has been criticised for refusing to make more than two years of his tax returns public despite demanding that vice-presidential candidates divulge 10 years of their own tax accounts.
Touching on the subject, West raps: ‘I be all up in Goldman Sachs like these niggas tryna hold me back, these niggas tryna to hold me back/ I’m just trying to protect my stacks/ Mitt Romney don’t pay no tax, Mitt Romney don’t pay no tax’.
Ye’ isn’t the first musical act to show no love for Romney. Earlier this month, the mother of former Thin Lizzy singer Phil Lynott hit out at the politician after he played the band’s classic The Boys Are Back in Town at the Republican National Convention. In addition, the Silversun Pickups issued a cease-and-desist order on Romney and his team after they featured the band’s track Panic Switch in his campaign.
Kanye’s Cruel Summer compilation will be released in Australia at the end of the week. It features appearances from all the acts signed to West’s GOOD Music label including Mr Hudson, 2 Chainz, Kid Cudi, Pusha T and Big Sean. Check out the 90-second sampler of the compilation below.
- Kanye West Announces New Album ‘Yeezus’; Performs 2 Tracks On ‘SNL’
- Kanye West Visually Premiering New Single Across The Globe Tonight Including Sydney
- Kanye West Performs New Material In New York, Denounces Celebrity Status Via Auto-Tune
- Kanye West Plotting New “3D Entertainment Experience” For The Common Man
- 8 Things We Know About Kanye West’s New Album