Kanye West has taken a pot shot at Republican US Presidential candidate Mitt Romney on a track from his forthcoming compilation album Cruel Summer.
Romney has been criticised for refusing to make more than two years of his tax returns public despite demanding that vice-presidential candidates divulge 10 years of their own tax accounts.
Touching on the subject, West raps: ‘I be all up in Goldman Sachs like these niggas tryna hold me back, these niggas tryna to hold me back/ I’m just trying to protect my stacks/ Mitt Romney don’t pay no tax, Mitt Romney don’t pay no tax’.
Ye’ isn’t the first musical act to show no love for Romney. Earlier this month, the mother of former Thin Lizzy singer Phil Lynott hit out at the politician after he played the band’s classic The Boys Are Back in Town at the Republican National Convention. In addition, the Silversun Pickups issued a cease-and-desist order on Romney and his team after they featured the band’s track Panic Switch in his campaign.
Kanye’s Cruel Summer compilation will be released in Australia at the end of the week. It features appearances from all the acts signed to West’s GOOD Music label including Mr Hudson, 2 Chainz, Kid Cudi, Pusha T and Big Sean. Check out the 90-second sampler of the compilation below.
- Noel Gallagher: “Arcade Fire Need To Pry Themselves Out Of Their Own Asshole”
- Courtney Barnett, Pond, Jagwar Ma Top NME’s 2013 Top 50 Lists
- Kanye West Slams A Nike Executive In A Partly Auto-Tuned On-Stage Rant
- Seth Rogen & James Franco Parody Kanye West’s ‘Bound 2′ Video
- Kanye West Trolled By Online Retailer Zappos