Kanye West has blamed the rain for a delay that took him 45 minutes to get to the stage at the Big Day Out on the Gold Coast last night. The American superstar hip hop artist made up for the lost time, but co-headliners Soundgarden may not be so forgiving after a sound check on West’s neighbouring main stage interrupted their set.
According to news.com.au, fans started booing, and frontman Chris Cornell wasn’t very impressed saying:
“Sounds like there’s children playing music there, retarded children, retarded as in held back. There’s no other word for it.”
All in all the Gold Coast festival was a success, with more than 30,000 fans turning up. At least that number are expected at Sydney on Thursday. The line-up had received criticism from fans this year, causing promoter Vivian Lees to step down, and leave Ken West as the sole promoter. But things are looking up for the iconic Aussie festival, after a deal with C3 Presents, promoters of Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits was made earlier this month.
- Hacked Sony Emails Reveal Kanye West Planning “Immersive” Film Project
- Kanye Rapped His Entire New Album For Seth Rogen In The Back Of A Van
- Soundgarden Announce Sidewaves For February
- Watch “U2 Minus 1″ Perform Their First, Probably Only, Gig
- Kanye West May Feature On James Blake’s New Album
- Lorde’s ‘Flicker (Kanye West Rework)’ Has Landed