Laneway-bound Laura Marling has single-handedly caused the sales of folk music to rise by 20% in the UK.
Stereoboard reports that folk music sales in 2011 were 20% higher than in 2010, and Marling has been held responsible after winning a BRIT Award and releasing her third studio album A Creature I Don’t Know, which peaked at No.4 in the UK.
Despite Marling’s sales, folk music still only accounted for 1.6% of all music sales in the UK – with rock and pop still dominating, taking up 29.4% and 33.6% respectively.
Laura Marling will be in Australia for St. Jerome’s Laneway Festival in a few weeks time – click here for all the set times for you city.
- #Laura Marling
- Stream Laura Marling’s New Album ‘Once I Was An Eagle’
- Laura Marling Announces Splendour 2013 Sideshows For July
- Splendour In The Grass 2013 Sideshows – The Complete Guide
- Laura Marling Unveils Short Film ‘When Brave Bird Saved’ Featuring New Music
- LISTEN: Laura Marling Streams Brand-New Single ‘Master Hunter’