First it was Beach House, now LCD Soundsystem have possibly had one of their hits ripped off for another TV advertising campaign.
Pitchfork has reported that American food chain T.G.I. Friday’s new ad for their ’2 for $10′ appetiser and entree special “features a song that sounds suspiciously similar to the music from” LCD Soundsystem’s song Daft Punk is Playing at My House.
The song was released on the band’s debut album back in 2005 – made famous by its use of cowbell and a funky bass line, which also features prominently in the backing music for the T.G.I. Friday’s commercial.
A week ago, Beach House addressed the controversy over a Volkswagen advertisement that featured a song that sounded very much like their own tune, Take Care. It was later revealed that the band turned down repeated attempts by an ad agency to license the track for VW.
Take a listen to the T.G.I. Friday’s commerical and LCD Soundsytem’s Daft Punk is Playing at My House and let us know if you think they’re just a tad similar:
- Aussies Among Most Expensive Record Store Day Resales
- James Murphy Talks New Music And LCD Soundsystem Live Album
- James Murphy Wants To Bring A Musical Revolution To NYC Subway
- Arcade Fire’s Will Butler Expected James Murphy To Be “Hipster Douchebag”
- Aracde Fire Will Be “Shocked” If James Murphy Doesn’t Reform LCD Soundsystem