Lil Wayne has told an Atlanta radio station that he is bored of rapping and is planning to have a tilt at being a pro skateboarder.
The rapper has repeatedly stated his desire to stop recording music in his 30s.
“Being me, I always feel like I ain’t done nothing yet, so I’m always looking for the next thing to do,” he said.
“It does get pretty boring when it comes to just the rapping and all that type of stuff.
“I’ve been doing it since I was eight and I’m about to be 30 in September.”
Wayne added that he didn’t want his fans to become tired of his music. “I think fans deserve a little-to-no Wayne. I’ve been everywhere. I’ve been out on everybody’s song.”
“My artists are doing awesome; I believe the fans deserve some peace from me, so I’ll be on my skateboard in the meantime.”
Lil Wayne recently revealed that he is recording an album of love songs, titled Devol. He is also planning to release a memoir documenting his time in prison – titled Gone Till November – which is set for release on November 28.
- Judge How Dumb You Are Based On The Music You Listen To
- Dr Dre Surpasses Diddy To Become The Richest Star In Hip-Hop
- Lil Wayne Launches Sports Agency, Signs Cristiano Ronaldo
- Eminem Explains Why He Felt Threatened By Kanye West
- Dave Chappelle Tackles Kanye And Lil Wayne In Chicago Comeback Show
- Papoose Makes Unscheduled Appearance On Stage At Summer Jam