After many rumours and much speculation, the news has become official that pop superstar Adele has been enlisted to provide the opening theme song for the upcoming new James Bond flick, Skyfall.
As reported by UPI, a preview of the new track surfaced online not too long after Adele tweeted an image that revealed the booth set titled Skyfall with Adele’s name, or more accurately A.Adkins, attached to the title.
Listening to the 90-second snippet of the opening theme song, it’s classic Bond with a sultry sound and brooding build that only adds to the anticipation of seeing Daniel Craig reprise the role of the legendary MI6 operative. Craig’s take on Bond in Casino Royalle was the most memorial performance in the franchise for some time. From the preview of Skyfall below, it looks like fans can once again expect plenty of explosions and dry wit.
Listen: Adele – Skyfall Theme – Preview
Watch: Skyfall Trailer
— Adele (@OfficialAdele) October 1, 2012
- New Poll Shows Americans Agree On Nothing Except Dislike Of Justin Bieber
- 1 Billion Singles Downloaded In UK, Gotye Places In All-Time Top 10
- Watch: Our Last Night’s Mind-Blowing Cover Of Adele’s ‘Skyfall’
- Watch: Adam Hills Destroys Joan Rivers After Adele ‘Fat’ Remarks
- Adele Is Having Hypnotherapy To Conquer Stage Fright