Consequence of Sound has reported that Icelandic songstress Bjork is set to release a remix album titled Bastards on November 19, 2012. For the past year the quirky singer has been enlisting producers such as Omar Souleyman, Matthew Herbert and hip hop outlaws Death Grips to rework tracks from her latest album Biophilia.
Now Bjork is all set to compile the remixes and release them as one entire LP under the banner of Bastards on vinyl, digital format and CD. As Bjork explained, when selecting which remixes would feature on Bastards, her mindset was focused on the overall quality of the record as opposed to individual brilliance.
“The core of the mixes took Biophilia somewhere else while still keeping its character… I spent some time editing together not necessarily the best ones but the ones that made the strongest whole,” said Bjork, as reported by COS.
As Music Feeds previously reported, Biophilia was partly recorded with the assistance of an iPad and is the first ‘app album’ ever released in partnership with Apple. A specific app was constructed for each song, allowing fans to interact with the musical and scientific themes of Biophilia.
Bjork’s three-year-long tour behind Biophilia includes science centres in addition to more traditional music venues in an effort to bring the wonders of science to a wider audience.
Listen: Bjork – Sacrifice (Death Grips Remix)
Bjork – Bastards – Tracklist:
01. Crystalline (Omar Souleyman Remix)
02. Virus (Hudson Mohawke “Peaches and Guacamol” Rework)
03. Sacrifice (Death Grips Remix)
04. Sacrifice (Matthew Herbert’s Pins and Needles Mix) (edit)
05. Mutual Core (These New Puritans Remix) [ft. Soloman Is. Song]
06. Hollow (16-bit Remix)
07. Mutual Core (Matthew Herbert’s “Teutonic Plates” Mix).
08. Thunderbolt (Death Grips Remix)
09. Dark Matter (Alva Noto Remodel)
10 Thunderbolt (Omar Souleyman Remix)
11. Solstice (Current Value Remix)
12. Moon (The Slips Remix)
13. Crystalline (Matthew Herbert Remix)