I know what you’re thinking – we should probably change our name to Dave Grohl Feeds, what with all the frequent updates, but such will be the case until he stops doing awesome deeds. The latest awesome deed comes in the form of a track brilliantly titled I Love Lamp, set to feature on RDGLDGRN’s debut EP.
The collaboration stems from the fact that RDGLDGRN are coming up through the same local music scene that Dave Grohl once did – the same one he now resides over. RDGLDRN have shown respect to the Washington D.C. music scene by inviting Grohl to perform drum duties on the track, and needless to say, Grohl was very much obliged.
Don’t let the comical and surprisingly still-relevant Anchorman reference as a title fool you, the track addresses some real shit. The falsetto chorus fits in very nicely with the narrative of love lost. “She said ‘I never want to see you again'” is a catch cry that we can all vibe to. The tight flow of the rap verse gives off the impression that this won’t be the last we hear of RDGLDGRN.
Their self-titled EP drops Thursday, February 14, or so says Rolling Stone
- Billy Corgan Calls Pearl Jam “Derivative”, Says Foo Fighters “Haven’t Evolved”
- Hear Dave Grohl’s Long-Lost Solo Track ‘Hooker On The Street’
- How Kurt Cobain Gave Dave Grohl’s Foo Fighters Demo His Blessing
- Dave Grohl Doesn’t Care How Much You Pay For His Music: “Just Listen To The Fucking Song”
- Dave Grohl And Courtney Love Have Bonded Over Strippers, Tequila And A $10K Bet
- Hear BBC’s All-Star ‘God Only Knows’ Cover Featuring Every Musician Ever