Motion City Soundtrack are all set to release their latest record Go, which is the band’s first release since parting ways with Columbia and returning to Epitaph.
When speaking to Rolling Stone about the lead single True Romance, Pierre said the song explores the theory that opposites attract.
“True Romance is a love song about two people who seemingly don’t have much in common except their love for the time they share in the bedroom”, Pierre said.
“In my experience, opposites do attract. And if you can get over the superficialities, you often find you have more in common than you initially thought. Perhaps you even find love”, he said.
With vocalist Justin Pierre, now in his mid 30s, the overall lyrical themes of Motion City Soundtrack have shifted from simply being self-focused and have extended to the fleeting of time and trying to take stock of life as it passes you by.
Dealing with love, life and death Go is an exploration of these overarching and interacting themes, while still brandishing that upbeat trademark sound that has made Motion City Soundtrack so identifiable.
Keep an eye out for Music Feeds‘ interview with Justin Pierre, where Pierre explains why the band has returned to Epitaph, and how some fatherly advice informed some of the new record.
Go by Motion City Soundtrack is expected June 15, 2012.
Listen: Motion City Soundtrack – Go
Motion City Soundtrack – Go Tracklisting
1. Circuits and Wire
2. True Romance
3. Son of a Gun
5. Everyone Will Die
6. The Coma Kid
8. The Worst Is Yet to Come
9. Bad Idea
10. Happy Anniversary
11. Floating Down the River
12. Bottom Feeder (Bonus Australian track)
13. Give Up/Give In (Bonus Australian track)
14. Alcohol Eyes (Bonus Australian track)
- Motion City Soundtrack Hire Saves The Day Drummer Claudio Rivera Full-Time
- Win: Catch Motion City Soundtrack Live And Unplugged At Music Feeds Studio
- Soundwave Timetable Reveals ‘Special Guest’ Appearance
- Motion City Soundtrack Announce Sidewave Dates
- Motion City Soundtrack – What’s In A Label?
- Sunny Day Real Estate Sideshows w/ Special Guests