Paul McCartney has released a track from his upcoming new solo album, due for release in February next year. Eric Clapton lends his guitar to this version of the song My Valentine, and you can also expect Stevie Wonder to pop up on another song from the album as well.
McCartney has said the album will be mostly made up of cover songs from the music that influenced him in his childhood and early songwriting days. Two original songs will also be included in the tracks. The untitled album will be released around the 6th of February.
Recently, he gave insight into the studio sessions, revealing:
“It was very spontaneous, kind of organic, which then reminded me of the way we’d work with The Beatles.”
“We’d bring a song in, kick it around, when we found a way to do it we’d say ‘Okay, let’s do a take now’ and by the time everyone kind of had an idea of what they were doing, we’d learnt the song. So that’s what we did, we did the take live in the studio.”
McCartney reissued two of his solo albums, 1970′s McCartney and 1980′s McCartney II earlier this year. Both albums feature fancy remastering and bonus material.
Listen: Paul McCartney – My Valentine (Feat. Eric Clapton)
- Paul McCartney, Metallica Lead Lollapalooza 2015 Lineup
- Paul McCartney To Feature In Alice Cooper & Johnny Depp’s Supergroup
- Kanye West, Paul McCartney And Rihanna Rock Triple Denim In ‘FourFiveSeconds’ Video
- Hear Kanye West’s New Song ‘Only One’, Featuring Paul McCartney
- Watch 550 Musicians, Actors Weigh In On The Lennon Or McCartney Question
- Hear Paul McCartney’s Previously Unreleased John Bonham Collab