To be honest, when I read that Johnny Depp had invited Courtney Love into the folds of his forthcoming sea shanties compilation Son of Rogue’s Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs and Chanteys, I thought “Really?…Courtney?” but I must say, the results certainly speak for themselves.
Son of Rogue’s Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs and Chanteys (an album with a name that awesome deserves for the whole thing to be written) the brain child of Depp, director Gore Verbinski and producer Hal Willner brought together R.E.M‘s iconic Michael Stipe with Love for the seaworthy ditty Rio Grande.
Also set to feature on Son of Rogue’s Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs and Chanteys will be Patti Smith, Iggy Pop, Kieth Richards, and of course it wouldn’t be a real pirate anthropology without Tom Waits.
The massive 36-track-long double album has a street date of Monday, 18th February, so not long now. Until then, enjoy some Rio Grande. (Via NME)
- Courtney Love Says Hole Will Reunite If New Music Is Written
- Courtney Love’s Rule For Support Acts Revealed
- Courtney Love “Had To Let Go” $29 Million Of “Nirvana Money”
- Courtney Love Nixes Hole Reunion, Shuns “Oldies Circuit”
- Watch Johnny Depp Kill A Solo On Stage With Aerosmith
- Courtney Love Is Joining Marilyn Manson On ‘Sons Of Anarchy’