To be honest, when I read that Johnny Depp had invited Courtney Love into the folds of his forthcoming sea shanties compilation Son of Rogue’s Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs and Chanteys, I thought “Really?…Courtney?” but I must say, the results certainly speak for themselves.
Son of Rogue’s Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs and Chanteys (an album with a name that awesome deserves for the whole thing to be written) the brain child of Depp, director Gore Verbinski and producer Hal Willner brought together R.E.M‘s iconic Michael Stipe with Love for the seaworthy ditty Rio Grande.
Also set to feature on Son of Rogue’s Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs and Chanteys will be Patti Smith, Iggy Pop, Kieth Richards, and of course it wouldn’t be a real pirate anthropology without Tom Waits.
The massive 36-track-long double album has a street date of Monday, 18th February, so not long now. Until then, enjoy some Rio Grande. (Via NME)
- Only One Of These Two Unheard Kurt Cobain Songs Is Legit
- Paul McCartney To Feature In Alice Cooper & Johnny Depp’s Supergroup
- The Best Videos From Soundwave 2015, Part 2
- Johnny Depp Joined Marilyn Manson At Brisbane Sidewave
- Alice Cooper, Aerosmith’s Joe Perry & Johnny Depp Have Formed A Supergroup
- Sonic Youth’s Kim Gordon Is Sledging All Your Favourite ’90s Acts In Her New Memoir