Tegan and Sara have unveiled the first new track from their forthcoming yet still untitled new album. The new song titled Closer has a strong synth-pop and upbeat feeling to it. Whether it’s a change of direction in music for the sister duo or just a little something different for the next release is unknown.
It’s been three years since 2009′s Sainthood (the title taken from a Leonard Cohen song Came So Far for Beauty) explored the complex relationship between how we portray ourselves and how we wish to be portrayed by those we love, and showed a more open and less personal side of the sisters for the first time.
There is no word on the direction of the next album, and no date set for it either, but it’s looking likely to be around in January. Hopefully in the new year we’ll hear some more news about another return to Australian shores.
- Why Grimes Is Facing An Uphill Battle
- WATCH: Tegan And Sara New Music Video ‘I Was A Fool’
- Exclusive Live Stream: Tegan And Sara Interview At Music Feeds Studio
- Tegan And Sara Announce Clubfeet As Australian Tour Support
- Tegan And Sara Announce Australian Tour, April 2013