The xx have released the first single from their forthcoming new album Coexist, titled Angels, which comes just in time for their Australian shows in Melbourne and Sydney. The new album will be released this September and follows the phenomenal success with their debut album xx released in 2009.
The band posted a message along with the single’s release, saying: “It’s been a long time since we’ve played you anything new. This song is called Angels, it is the first single from our new album, Coexist. We’ve been playing this song live recently, so it feels good to share with you the version we’ve been working on for so long. We hope you like it. xx”
They’re currently in Australia playing two dates for fans picked from their infamous ‘ticket lottery’, while the trio’s producer Jamie xx will be doing his own shows as well. But don’t fret if you did miss out, because the band plan to return to our shores for bigger and more extensive shows in early 2013.
Listen: The xx – Angels
- Jamie xx Says The xx’s New Album Is On Its Way
- The xx Hit Out At Gay Marriage Opponents For Use Of Their Song
- The xx Release Shadowy Video Clip For ‘Fiction’
- Amy Winehouse’s Father Disapproves Of Beyoncé & André 3000’s ‘Back To Black’ Cover
- LISTEN: The xx New Track ‘Together’ From ‘The Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack
- ‘The Great Gatsby’ Soundtrack – New Music From Jay-Z, Florence, Lana Del Rey, The xx & Loads More