The buzz around the forthcoming new album from Beirut has been gathering significant momentum over the past month or so, what with live videos of new tracks and so forth. Now, Mr Zach Condon has finally managed to name the album and give it a solid release date.
Consequence of Sound reports that the band’s first album in four years will be called The Rip Tide, and will come out in the US via Condon’s own Pompeii Records on August 30.
In addition, online streams have emerged for two new tracks, which you can hear below:
- Beirut Forced To Cancel Remaining Harvest Shows On Account Of Illness
- Beirut Cancel Sydney Show Due to Illness
- Beirut Australian Tour 2012 – Harvest Sideshows
- Watch: Beirut ‘Santa Fe’ on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno
- Beirut Australian Tour January 2012 – Second Melbourne show added