US indie rockers Vampire Weekend have debuted a new song over the weekend, which will likely end up on their long-anticipated follow-up to 2010′s Contra. The song, which is untitled at the moment, was performed at the House of Blues in Cleveland, Ohio, and has their token harmonic jingly jangly sound that we all know. You can listen to the track below.
A couple of weeks ago the band revealed that they have ’80 per cent’ of their new album written and ready to go, with frontman Ezra Koenig saying that they had been taking their time with the follow-up to the last album.
“We’re working on our album,” he said.
“It’s been a long process. We always try to write and record at the same time. So we’ve always got some ProTools session demo that tends to actually turn into the finished product. I think we have 80 per cent of the songs now.”
Koenig had previously told Rolling Stone that the as-yet-untitled new album could be released later this year – but wasn’t in a position to give an exact date.
“I always want to release music as soon as possible, but more and more I’m realising it’s something you almost have no control over”.
Listen: Vampire Weekend – New Song #2
- #Vampire Weekend
- Lollapalooza 2014 Chile And Argentina Lineups Announced
- Vampire Weekend’s Ezra “Reviews” Drake’s New Album, Drops ‘Motherfucker’ 9 Times
- Vampire Weekend Australian Tour Dates, Falls Festival 2013 Sideshows For January
- Vampire Weekend, MGMT & Grizzly Bear Head WA’s Southbound 2014 Lineup
- Falls Festival 2013/2014 Official Lineup Announcement