If there’s one thing I’ve learnt from this line of work, it’s that you don’t fuck with Radiohead, or Radiohead fans. Willow Smith obviously doesn’t share that same principle as evident in the tweens’ latest track Sugar And Spice.
Potentially on a mission to prove that she does more than just whip her hair back and forth, Smith – the heiress of the legendary Will Smith – has incorporated certain arrangements from the Radiohead track Codex of the band’s highly appreciated 2011 album The King of Limbs.
Sugar and Spice really highlights the trials and tribulations that 13-year-old celebrity children face these days, with NME pointing out the very daunting lyrics, “Inject my soul with darkness. I tried to be sugar and spice, but I’m melancholy and can’t do anything right. Take a swing at me, I’ll fight to the death, my light is bright.” It must be a tough life over at the Smith manor.
The track is sure to be but one of several sonic masterpieces on her forthcoming album Knees and Elbows. You will be able to sink your fangs into that one later this year. Get keen.
- Radiohead Currently In The Studio Recording New Material
- Judge How Dumb You Are Based On The Music You Listen To
- Radiohead’s Thom Yorke Drops Surprise Album Via BitTorrent
- Thom Yorke’s Mystery White Vinyl Is Tantalising
- Have Radiohead Just Previewed Their Next Album?
- Radiohead Members Reveal New Solo Material