Billboard have lived up to their namesake and reported on a preemptive billboard posted by American music festival Lollapalooza. The sign in question (pictured above) thanks Chi-town for hosting this year’s edition of Lollapalooza, which is yet to take place, and promotes next year’s installments with August 2-4 being posted as the 2013 dates
Kicking off next weekend from Friday, August 3 to Sunday, August 5 at Grant Park in Chicago, this year’s stacked lineup includes the likes of Red Hot Chili Peppers, who will be in Australia next year for Big Day Out; Passion Pit, who just released their second LP Gossamer and recently cancelled a handful of shows but will still come out later in the year for Parklife; and Jack White, who is currently in Australia for Splendour in the Grass.
Lollapalooza was founded by Jane’s Addiction frontman Perry Farrell in 1991 and transitioned from being a touring festival to setting up permanent residence in Chicago in 2005.
- Lollapalooza 2013 Streaming Live Right Now – Queens Of The Stone Age, Band Of Horses, The Killers, NIN
- Lollapalooza 2013 Line-up Confirmed – Nine Inch Nails, Mumford & Sons, QOTSA & More!
- Lollapalooza Adds Israel Leg In 2013
- Lollapalooza 2012 Shut Down Due To Extreme Storm
- Lollapalooza 2012 Webcast Set Times