Just when you thought the Lorde wave couldn’t get any bigger, the NZ-based singer has ventured into the rap game, covering one of Kanye West’s more recognised tracks Hold My Liquor during a performance in Auckland over the weekend.
Sure, Lorde may not be asked to join G.O.O.D Music any time soon, but there’s an undeniable je ne sais quoi about her style that just makes it work. Hell, she could probably make Rebecca Black’s Friday work if she wanted to. One may expect Lorde to have clung onto the pop sound that she has already conquered at just 16 years of age, and fearlessly venturing into the uncharted waters of rap is a respectable move.
The below video, taken at Vector Arena on 7th September, has amassed more than 16,000 views in less than 3 days. The songstress will soon be releasing her debut album Pure Heroine on Friday, 27th September before she hits the road for a run of headline dates throughout Australia this October aptly supported by Oliver Tank.
Watch: Lorde - Hold My Liquor (Kanye West cover)
- MTV VMAs 2014 Wrap: It Was Pretty Much All About Beyoncé
- Listen To Leaked Tracks From Lorde’s High School Band
- Lorde’s ‘Tennis Court’ Video Without Music Is Terrifying
- 10 Things Everyone’s Talking About After Lollapalooza 2014
- Chet Faker Is One Of The Most Blogged About Artists Of 2014
- Diplo Streams His ‘Andre Agassi Remix’ Of Lorde’s ‘Tennis Court’