What is there to not like about that title? Funny man Mark Wahlberg has been attached to produce Coheed & Cambria’s The Amory Wars graphic novel series into a movie.
Given the current hype surrounding Wahlberg’s latest masterpiece Ted, and well, pretty much everything the guy has touched throughout his career (we’ll leave Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch out of that generalisation) the fact that he has put his hand up to work side by side with Coheed’s vocalist and axeman Claudio Sanchez speaks volumes on the quality of the series.
The Amory Wars will now be compared to programmes such as Entourage and Boardwalk Empire, which share the common ground that they were produced by the dream team of Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson. The adaptation of the comic to the big screen was officially announced at Comic-Con in San Diego on Saturday morning.
The Amory Wars, published by Boom! Studios, is, according to Alt Press, a series chronicling the rise of superhuman dictator Wilhelm Ryan, and the one family that could hold the key to liberating the world from his tyrannical reign. Sounds like it’s going to be an exciting action flick.
- Coheed And Cambria Pay Fan’s Mortgage To Save Her Home
- Coheed & Cambria – Covering All The Angles
- Coheed & Cambria Announce Australian Tour Dates With Circa Survive
- Watch: Coheed And Cambria Release New Clip From New Album ‘Domino The Destitute’
- Coheed And Cambria To Release Double Album