It seems a little strange that this has never been done before, but a bunch of metal’s most illustrious names are getting together to give the songs of Frank Sinatra the severest of makeovers.
The Music Network reports that members of Anthrax, Deep Purple, Cheap Trick, Nonpoint and Twisted Sister are on board for the project, which will improve interpret such Sinatra ‘classics’ as Fly Me To The Moon, Got You Under My Skin, New York, New York and Lady Is A Tramp. The album is called, inevitably, SIN-Atra.
The album will be released on March 29 on Eagle Rock Entertainment, and was produced by Bob Kullick of Kiss and Brett Chassen, once of Meatloaf.
The album’s tracklisting is:
1. New York, New York – Devin Townsend of Strapping Young Lad
2. I’ve Got You Under My Skin – Glenn Hughes of Deep Purple
3. Summerwind – Geoff Tate of Queensrÿche
4. It Was A Very Good Year – Dee Snider of Twisted Sister
5. Witchcraft – Tim “Ripper” Owens of Judas Priest, Iced Earth
6. Fly Me To The Moon – Robin Zander of Cheap Trick
7. Lady Is A Tramp – Eric Martin of Mr. Big
8. Strangers In The Night – Joey Belladonna of Anthrax
9. High Hopes – Franky Perez of Scars on Broadway
10. I’ve Got The World On A String – dUg Pinnick of King’s X
11. Love And Marriage – Elias Soriano of Nonpoint
12. That’s Life – Jani Lane of Warrant