The Music Network has reported recently on the latest endevour undertaken by Metallica frontman James Hetfield. He has teamed up with sunglass makers Sutro Eyewear to release his own model of shades: the sensibly named JH Sutro Sunglasses.
The limited-edition accessory was described on the band’s merch page as the “ideal pair of sunglasses” for the iconic frontman, who also labelled them as “built to look faster than a speeding riff and to handle the life of a road dog like me”. The frames will set you back $219.99 and actually seem like a decent pair of sunnies. Not only will they ‘James Hep-shield’ your eyes from UVA and UVB rays, but they also feature hinges that are apparently ten times stronger than traditional ones, and also have the well-known Zeiss polycarbonate scratch-resistant lense in your choice of black or tortoiseshell.
While Hetfield was the inspiration for the model, Jeff Sand was the designer. Of the frames, Sand has commented: “James was very particular in what he was looking for and he just wasn’t finding it out there, so we sat down and after extensive prototyping, we put his vision into this frame.”
The band have been busy bees of late, exploring out-of-the-box ideas with which to associate their brand. Very recently their very first festival Orion Music + More Festival debuted as a screaming success. Furthermore the band is currently working on a 3D movie on Metallica.
- Here’s Proof Metallica Are Working On Their Next Record
- These Metallica Fans Have Recorded A Superior Version Of ‘St Anger’
- Metallica Headlining Reading & Leeds 2015
- Metallica’s Week-Long ‘Late Late Show’ Residency, Ranked And Rated
- Metallica Lock In Week-Long ‘Craig Ferguson’ Show Residency
- Metallica’s Lars Ulrich Outs Himself As A Lifelong Oasis Fan