Blink 182 bass player Mark Hoppus has shed a few more details on Blink 182’s new album – saying that the trio have started writing a couple of tracks.
Fresh from bandmate Tom DeLonge posting a picture alluding to a new album on Instagram last week, Hoppus has told NME that a follow-up on last year’s Neighbourhoods should surface sometime next year.
“Early next week I go back to Los Angeles to record an iTunes session for Blink-182, and we’re starting to write the new record right now.”
“We’re going to tour Australia in February with Blink… [so the] proper tour and the new album probably won’t happen for about a year.”
Hoppus said that he hoped the album will fill the void following a North American summer that had very little “great new music”.
“I’ve kind of been in a dead-zone lately… I feel like this summer was kind of devoid of a lot of great new music. The new Matt & Kim album is coming out, I’m excited about that, the Mumford and Sons album I like… but, yeah, other than that it’s been kind of a dry summer.”
- Blink-182 Considered Ditching Travis Barker After Soundwave No-Show
- Tom DeLonge On Future With Blink-182: “Our Relationship Got Poisoned Yesterday”
- Blink-182’s Mark Hoppus And Travis Barker Are Tired Of Tom DeLonge’s Bullshit
- Blink-182 Part Ways With Tom DeLonge
- Tom DeLonge Discusses Blink-182’s New Album Plans
- Watch Zack De la Rocha & Travis Barker Join Run The Jewels Live