Having recently finished up shows in the US and Europe, Morrissey will now be heading down to Asia/Oceania region to play shows. He is expected to announce a 10-show tour in Japan later this week, followed by shows in Thailand and the Philippines. He’ll then make his way to New Zealand, but so far there is no mention of Australian tour dates.
According to popular Morrissey fan site True To You, the ex-Smiths singer will announce the tour in Japan around April, and then follow up with Thailand, the Philippines and New Zealand:
Morrissey will travel to Japan in April where he will undertake ten concerts. It will be the most detailed tour of Japan ever undertaken by Morrissey. There are plans to follow the Japanese tour with concerts in Thailand, the Philippines and New Zealand.
Whether or not we’ll get him in Australia is yet to be revealed. Rumours of him playing in Australin/New Zealand in 2009 fell through, with his last visit in 2002.
- Morrissey’s Relationship With A Man Cut From US Version Of ‘Autobiography’
- Morrissey: “I Am Humasexual”
- 10 Weakest Excuses For Last-Minute Gig Cancellations (And 1 Way To Do It Right)
- Morrissey Hints At Retirement After Cancelling More Gigs
- Johnny Rotten, Morrissey, Robert Smith And More Reimagined As Superheroes