Bad news for Mumford & Sons fans in Scandanavia: the band have been forced to cancel two festival appearances in Denmark and Sweden after guitarist Marcus Mumford broke his hand.
The band posted a statement on their official website, saying the incident occurred on the weekend:
With regret, Mumford & Sons have been forced to cancel their upcoming festival appearances in Denmark and Sweden due to a broken hand sustained by Marcus Mumford.
The band were due to perform at Northside Festival in Denmark on Friday 15th June and Hultsfred Festival in Sweden on Saturday 16th June, but the accident, which occurred at the weekend, regrettably means that they will no longer be able to play.
No other Mumford & Sons shows are expected to be affected.
As a result, fans posted a series of ‘get well cures’ in the comments section of the article – with haveabasilisk urging him to “Rent some funny movies, eat some good dark chocolate and get well soon!”
Mumford & Sons are tipped to drop their new album in September, and recently sent fans into a spin over rumours they would be heading to Australia for a tour in October.
- #Mumford & Sons
- Mumford & Sons Enlist Big-Name Comics For ‘Hopeless Wanderer’ Video
- Mumford & Sons Member Signs The Trouble With Templeton To UK Label
- Stream Splendour In The Grass ‘Best Of The Fest’
- Mumford & Sons Hand Pick Yacht Club DJs For North American Tour
- Alice Cooper Labels Mumford & Sons ‘An Offence To Rock ‘N’ Roll’