Just because My Chemical Romance has called it quits doesn’t mean their fans will let the popular band disappear behind a couple of short statements from frontman Gerard Way and his brother Mikey – an online petition has been started by UK fan Cameron Lee II to try and entice their heroes to undertake one final world tour.
Titled My Chemical Romance: Have One Last World Tour To Say Goodbye To Their Fans, the petition exists on Change.org and currently has over 12,000 signatures. Lee has posted a simple mission statement as to why he began the petition on behalf of the MCRmy:
“They ended so abruptly without saying goodbye to their fans properly, and the MCRmy is upset. They need to do it correctly if they’re going to do it at all.”
Many supporters of Lee’s petition have posted comments explaining what My Chemical Romance meant to them personally. 4 out of the 5 most recent comments all refer to how MCR helped saved someone’s life, noting that the band will be sorely missed – a notion that has become abundantly clear since the band’s break-up.
- My Chemical Romance Reveal Last Song Ever
- Gerard Way Talks My Chemical Romance Split: “All The Joy Was Gone”
- Gerard Way’s New Song ‘Millions’ Surfaces Online
- Ex-My Chemical Romance Singer Gerard Way Posts Lyrics To New Song ‘Millions’
- My Chemical Romance’s Ray Toro Releases New Track ‘Isn’t That Something’