Alternative Country Rocker Ryan Adams has posted the above image on his official Facebook page with the caption ‘Live After Deaf. Friday. This will not be repressed.’ Billboard has reported that the image is most probably the first glimpse of an upcoming boxset, possibly comprised of live recordings from Adams’ 2011 Ashes & Fire tour.
If this is indeed the case, then the Live After Deaf boxset will contain audio of Adams playing stripped-back acoustic versions of not only current material but also past treasures that stretch back to debut solo record Heartbreaker and the days of Whiskeytown.
As for the title, Live After Deaf, it may have been inspired by Adam’s battle with Meniere’s disease and tinnitus, which adversely affected the singer/songwriter’s capacity to hear.
Live After Deaf is out this Friday
- Fall Out Boy ‘Pax-Am Days’ Ryan Adams Collab Streaming In Full
- Fall Out Boy Tease Ryan Adams Collaboration Release ‘PAX-AM x FOB’
- Fall Out Boy Discuss Ryan Adams Studio Session: “Everything Was Off The Cuff”
- Fall Out Boy Record “Eight Or Nine Songs” With Ryan Adams
- Ryan Adams & Deadmau5 Collaborating
- Ryan Adams To Produce And Drum On New Lemonheads Album