The Strokes new album title Comedown Machine has been uncovered by an eagle-eyed redditor. As reported by NME, a user posting under to Reddit under the account @andersonenvy came across a cached image of album cover art (pictured above) after discovering a link in the code of The Strokes’ website.
Although at the time of the NME article no-one connected to the band had confirmed the album title, a quick visit to The Strokes website now sees that Comedown Machine is indeed the name of new album, and it has even been made available for preorder.
A release date has now also been issued with Comedown Machine expected out fairly soon on Wednesday, 22nd March. Preordering the album will come with a download of new single All The Time. Meanwhile, the first taste of Comedown Machine, One Way Trigger, is currently available for free download from the official Strokes website.
- 10 Reasons Why Julian Casablancas Is Still The Definitive Rock Star
- Arcade Fire, Bon Iver And The Strokes Members Form Pop All Star Band
- The Strokes “Psyched” To Begin Work On New Music In 2015
- Interpol Frontman Details Competitive Rivalry With The Strokes
- Watch The Strokes Play Their First Gig In Three Years
- NME Reveal Their 500 Greatest Songs Of All Time