Supergroup fever seems to be running rampant in the rock ‘n’ roll world, but hey, we’re not complaining. The latest fusion of great bands is yet-to-be-named but features some of the biggest figures this side of heavy music.
According to Anti-Quiet, this particular supergroup will consist of Exodus guitarist Gary Holt, Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo, Amen vocalist Casey Chaos, and Ex-QOTSA/Kyuss/Kyuss Lives and current Vista Chino bassist Nick Oliveri. The boys have namechecked bands such as The Exploited and Black Flag when they describe their sound, leaning towards a riff-heavy, punk rock sorta vibe.
The members have been in cahoots over the idea for some time now. It’s believed that the seed was planted when Holt stepped up to the plate to cover Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman, who is still out of action following a spider bite on his arm. So far, the group will only record music on behalf of a documentary for the Phil Anselmo’s New Orleans haunted mansion known as House of Shock. A full-length is yet to be confirmed or denied.
In recent times, members from Mastodon, Dillinger, Converge, Mars Volta and Soulfly decided to team up for their very own supergroup. Imagine a tour with these two bands performing. Mind officially blown.
Need proof? Well the below photo shows Holt, Lombardo and Chaos with producer Ross Robinson, who will be working on the music also.
- Amnesia Rockfest’s 2015 Lineup Is A Heavy Music Lover’s Dream
- Fear Factory, Exodus And Terror Universal Team Up For Sidewaves
- Final Acts Added To Soundwave 2015 Lineup
- Sweden’s Truckfighters To Tour Australia In January
- Slayer Rescue Super Cute Kitten, Makes Internet Say ‘Awww’
- Watch QOTSA Reteam With Nick Oliveri, Play Classic Tunes For Halloween